Use c++ dll with python

Yuval, Amichay
Use c++ dll with python

Hi

Is there possibility to use swig with c++ dll and python

Lets assume I have a C++ dll, and I want to warp it and call
Some public functions from python

My configuration is:
Windows 2000
Python 2.4
Visual C++  6.00
swigwin-1.3.25

Amichay Yuval
[hidden email]
Tel. 972-2-5894950

This email message and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the [hidden email] and destroy the original message.

Re: Use c++ dll with python

John Pye-2
Do you have access to the source code for the DLL?

Yuval, Amichay wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there possibility to use swig with c++ dll and python
>
> Lets assume I have a C++ dll, and I want to warp it and call
> Some public functions from python
>
> My configuration is:
> Windows 2000
> Python 2.4
> Visual C++  6.00
> swigwin-1.3.25
>
> Amichay Yuval
> _mailto:ayuval@nds.com_
> Tel. 972-2-5894950

Re: Use c++ dll with python

Luigi Ballabio

On 11/09/2005 01:06:22 PM, John Pye wrote:
> Do you have access to the source code for the DLL?

It should'n be necessary---one should need only the header files with
the function declarations.

Luigi

RE: Use c++ dll with python

Yuval, Amichay
How should I configure my visual c++ to use only the original c++ dll?

On 11/09/2005 01:06:22 PM, John Pye wrote:
> Do you have access to the source code for the DLL?

It should'n be necessary---one should need only the header files with
the function declarations.

Luigi

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
-- Harry S. Truman

This email message and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the [hidden email] and destroy the original message.

Re: Use c++ dll with python

John Pye-2
I guess you could dynamically link to the DLL when you're compiling the
swig wrapper. You'd end up with *two* DLLs: one with the wrapper
functions, and another with original C++ interface, and the wrapper DLL
would dlopen the original DLL.

But it would be neater to link it all into one library, no?