Storing and restoring variables to the R workspace?

Storing and restoring variables to the R workspace?

Kevin Smith
I recently came an issue with SWIG variables getting stored to the R workspace.  I’m wrapping a network resource in a SWIG wrapper.  When that object gets stored to a workspace and restored, it crashes R.  I’m trying to figure out how to either prevent the object from getting stored in the workspace, or figure out how to store it in a way that it can be restored properly.

Kevin D Smith