Re: [Swig-devel] std_multimap for JavaScript

Re: [Swig-devel] std_multimap for JavaScript

William S Fulton
On 26 May 2016 at 06:04, Manish Malik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to use std_multimap, in one of our project which involve creating a
> C++ library interface for Node.js. But I didn't find any std_multimap.i
> within:
>
> /usr/local/share/swig/3.0.8/javascript/
>
> So, I am using the std_multimap.i from :
>
> /usr/local/share/swig/3.0.8/std/std_multimap.i
>
> by using : %include "std/std_multimap.i"
>
> But by building the swig using:
>
> swig -I/usr/include/ -javascript -node -Wall -Wextra -c++
> myproject/myproject.i
>
> I am getting the following error:
>
> /usr/local/share/swig/3.0.8/std/std_multimap.i:90: Error: Syntax error in
> input(3).
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> which turns out to be a problem at this line of std/std_multipmap.i:
>
> %typemap_traits_ptr(SWIG_TYPECHECK_MULTIMAP, std::multimap< _Key, _Tp,
> _Compare, _Alloc >);
>
> So, its seems like std/std_multimap.i is not compatible with javascript as
> of now. My question is :
>
> 1. Does anyone have the std_multimap.i for JavaScript ? Can you please share
> it with me.
>
> 2. Am I not using the std/std_multimap.i properly ? Do I need to include
> some other options/command while building it ?
>
> 3. Can somebody point me to the docs for writing the language specific
> interface file ? I can see that std_multimap.i are available for Python and
> Ruby. So,Is their a guide to write the JavaScript specific std_multimap.i ?

Create a Lib/javascript/v8/std_multimap.i and base it on
Lib/javascript/v8/std_map.i and what other languages have done for
multimap, eg Lib/python/std_multimap.i. Ruby is the only other
language that has support for multimap. If you do this, please submit
it as a github patch with a runtime test for the li_std_multimap
testcase (Examples/test-suite/li_std_multimap.i). See
http://swig.org/Doc3.0/Extending.html#Extending for extending SWIG and
info on the test-suite.