Quantcast

R drector

Sri Hari Krishna Narayanan
Hi,

I am interfacing R with a C++ library.  I need the ability to callback
an R function from within the C++ code.
The Python portion of the manual describes the director feature to
achieve this. Does a similar feature exist for R?
If yes, can someone point me to an example?
If no, will this be added sometime soon?

Thanks,
Krishna

Re: R drector

William S Fulton
On 16 September 2016 at 16:33, Sri Hari Krishna Narayanan
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interfacing R with a C++ library.  I need the ability to callback
> an R function from within the C++ code.
> The Python portion of the manual describes the director feature to
> achieve this. Does a similar feature exist for R?
> If yes, can someone point me to an example?
> If no, will this be added sometime soon?

I'm afraid the director feature is not implemented for R. A volunteer
is needed to implement it and submit a patch to Github for review...
usually that ends up being the first person who can't live without it
;)