Quantcast

Problems getting SWIG to make %array_class methods show up in the correct Java package.

Problems getting SWIG to make %array_class methods show up in the correct Java package.

Jimi Damon
Hi,

I have a top level module called Foo;

%module Foo

%array_class(double,doublearray)

I want to use %array_class () to create an array of doubles.  The problem I have is that the methods do not show up inside of my java package  Foo;

Instead what I keep seeing when compiling is error: type doublearray is not a member of object Foo (for the code )

/* Inside sample.java */
import Foo.*;

doublearray ary = new Foo.doublearray(10) ;  // Fails
// or
doublearray ary = new doublearray(10) ; //succeeds

My code instead has to refer to the doublearray without the Foo.  prefix. I would prefer to require the namespace Foo
 in order to access this doublearray type so it doesn't pollute the main program namespace.

I tried experimenting with %nspace(Foo) before the definition of %array_class(double,doublearray) but this had no effect.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this.

-Jimi

WARNING - This e-mail or its attachments may contain controlled technical data or controlled technology within the definition of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and are subject to the export control laws of the U.S. Government. Transfer of this data or technology by any means to a foreign person, whether in the United States or abroad, without an export license or other approval from the U.S. Government, is prohibited. The information contained in this document is CONFIDENTIAL and property of ACCES I/O Products, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited without express written consent of ACCES I/O Products, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message and enclosed attachments.