Java access to DLL

Derek Merren-2

Hello,

I am new to Swig. I am working on a project where I have to access the functionality in some 3rd party DLLs. I do not have access to the source code for these DLLs. I may be able to get access to the header files but I am not sure. I am trying to assess the feasability of using Swig to access this functionality.

What are my minimum requirments considering that I will definitly not have access the the DLL source code? Is having the header files enough to create the wrapper classes?

Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

    Derek

Re: Java access to DLL

William S Fulton
Derek Merren wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to Swig. I am working on a project where I have to access the
> functionality in some 3rd party DLLs. I do not have access to the source
> code for these DLLs. I may be able to get access to the header files but
> I am not sure. I am trying to assess the feasability of using Swig to
> access this functionality.
>
> What are my minimum requirments considering that I will definitly not
> have access the the DLL source code? Is having the header files enough
> to create the wrapper classes?
>
> Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

You don't need the source code for the dlls, but you do need the dlls
themselves and the header files. Get SWIG to parse the header files.