Is it possible to add manual bindings along with the swig auto binding code

Is it possible to add manual bindings along with the swig auto binding code

RAVI NANJUNDAPPA
Hi All,

Is it possible to use auto binding and manual binding in parallel?
Is there any directive in swig which can be used in the interface to direct swig to not to generate auto binding or which can be used to add our manual binding code in the interface file ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
N Ravi

Re: Is it possible to add manual bindings along with the swig auto binding code

RAVI NANJUNDAPPA
Hi,

Any inputs on the below mentioned query ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
N Ravi

Re: Is it possible to add manual bindings along with the swig auto binding code

William S Fulton
SWIG is only a semi-automated tool for generating wrappers to other
languages and for good wrappers you need to use SWIG directives or
C/C++ code to manually customise the output. I'm afraid I don't
exactly follow your question, but maybe you are looking for %rename
which is covered in the documentation in the 'SWIG Basics' chapter -
http://swig.org/Doc3.0/SWIG.html.

William

On 15 June 2016 at 14:32, RAVI NANJUNDAPPA <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any inputs on the below mentioned query ?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> N Ravi

Robert Heller
At Sun, 19 Jun 2016 19:24:02 +0100 William S Fulton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SWIG is only a semi-automated tool for generating wrappers to other
> languages and for good wrappers you need to use SWIG directives or
> C/C++ code to manually customise the output. I'm afraid I don't
> exactly follow your question, but maybe you are looking for %rename
> which is covered in the documentation in the 'SWIG Basics' chapter -
> http://swig.org/Doc3.0/SWIG.html.
>
> William
>
> On 15 June 2016 at 14:32, RAVI NANJUNDAPPA <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Any inputs on the below mentioned query ?
> >
> > Thanks and Best Regards,
> > N Ravi

This should be possible.

You can add code to the 'init' function that does whatever is needed to bind a
command (eg with Tcl it would be a call to Tcl_CreateObjCommand) and include
'static' code (eg with %{ ... %} defining the code itself.

> > Thanks and Best Regards,
> > N Ravi

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933