Quantcast

Incompatibility with Scilab 6.0

Aashay Singhal
Hello everyone,

While setting up swig to use with scilab 6.0, I came across certain issues. I ran
1. `./configure --with-scilab=/home/scilab_/scilab/bin --with-scilab-inc=/home/scilab_/scilab/modules/api_scilab/includes`
2. `make`
3. `make install`

After this I tried running scilab demo for scilab. The issues I faced are as follows :

1. The make command in the gives following error :`example_wrap.c:736:21: fatal error: version.h: No such file or directory`
2. I found these libraries in the scilab directory and pointed gcc to search for them there. But still the stack-c.h is required which is no more present in scilab 6.0. Also, according to scilab devs, this header file can be removed as a dependency safely. So, this is an issue.
3. Even after removing the stack-c.h dependency it gives multiple errors, link here.

Please help me figure this out. Also, if someone can guide me a bit, I will be happy to fix these bugs myself.
Thank you
Aashay

Re: Incompatibility with Scilab 6.0

Aashay Singhal
Hello!

I found out that the example_wrap.c doesn't have a problem but it is calculating wrong version. I have scilab6.0 but it is evaluating the version to be less than 6.0. This is why there were errors.
Line 737 in example_wrap.c calculates the version (i.e. if the version is 6.0.0 then it will calculate it to be 600).
So, can you tell me where does this code take the version from?

Thanks
Aashay