Controlling string representation of proxy classes

Controlling string representation of proxy classes

Jake
Is there a general way to control the string representation of the proxy classes?  For example, in Python let's say I'm using:

%module foo
%include "std_vector.i"
%inline %{
#include <vector>

struct Foo {
};

std::vector<Foo> twoFoos() {
  std::vector<Foo> foos;
  foos.emplace_back();
  foos.emplace_back();
  return foos;

%template(FooList) std::vector<Foo>;

Then in Python, I get something like:

>> import foo
>> foo.Foo()
<foo.Foo: proxy of <Swig Object of type 'Foo *' at 0x00000000039B6900>
>> foos = foo.twoFoos(); foos
<foo.FooList; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'std::vector< Foo > *' at 0x00000000039A21B0>
>> foos[0]
<foo.Foo; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'std::vector< Foo >::value_type *' at 0x00000000039A2180> >

From a user's perspective, everything after the semi-colon is basically line noise.  I suppose for Python I could manually override the __str__ with %extend or similar, but I'm wondering if there's a language-agnostic way to get ride of the internal C++ stuff in the string representation without per-language and per-class overrides.

-Jake Cobb